Financial Accounting Assistant
Are you looking for the next step in your career? Are you keen to join a Finance team in one of the sunniest places in the country?
Here at Whakatāne District Council, we're passionate about a lot of things. We're passionate about delivering well-needed services, and providing what is needed to support our communities to be the best they can be. We want to make sure we support our vision of being the place of choice for people to live, work and play. We're committed to upholding the Treaty of Waitangi and establishing effective relationships to strengthen partnerships with whānau, hapū and iwi. Working with us means being part of a close-knit, customer-focused team in one of New Zealand's sunniest locations. We pride ourselves on employing talented professionals who like to have fun, embrace our values of trust, excellence, learning and teamwork and enjoy living in our superb environment. Come and join us, take a breath and find more life in life.
We have an exciting opportunity for a part-time (6 hours per day) Financial Accounting Assistant. This role is responsible for assisting the both the Manager External Reporting and the Financial Accountant to ensure accuracy and completeness of Council's financial accounting and treasury information.
We'll provide the support and professional development, you'll provide the skills. To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience of accounting and financial processes and statutory reporting
- Experience and knowledge of relevant legislation and taxation filing requirements
- Working towards a relevant Diploma/Degree majoring in Accounting and/or working towards a membership of the Chartered Accounts
- Experience working within the Local Government environment is desirable
- Excellent communication skills and a focus on supporting the team
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Julie Caverhill, Manager External Reporting or a member of our People & Capability team on 07 306 0500, or apply now.