Team Leader Administration
Do you pride yourself on your coordination skills, managing a wide variety of administrative skills to ensure outcomes are met? Then we have the position for you.
Here at Whakatāne District Council, we are passionate about delivering well-needed services to our communities, making sure that we are providing what is needed to support our communities to be the best they can be and support our vision of being the place of choice for people to live, work and play. Working with us means being part of a close-knit, customer-focused team in one of New Zealand's sunniest locations. We pride ourselves on employing talented professionals who like to have fun, embody our values of trust, excellence, learning and teamwork and enjoy living in our superb environment. In a world full of turmoil, come and enjoy some more life in life!
We have an opportunity for a Team Leader to support our Transportation team and provide leadership and supervision to team Technical Administration staff. The role entails coordinating and managing key administrative functions, and supporting the team to meet all outcomes within agreed legislative and policy requirements including road legalization, Health & Safety, and providing support and mentoring to cadet staff.
We'll provide the support and professional development, you'll provide the skills.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A recognised relevant qualification in business administration, and qualification in traffic management and RAMM
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a related customer service and office administration environment
- Experience leading people - both supervising staff, and working with contractors and consultants to achieve results
- An eye for detail to ensure you provide administrative support that is accurate, filed correctly and in accordance with Council and legislative requirements
- Understanding of key legislation, policies and processes that guide how we work
- Professionalism at all times, you'll be able to exercise sound judgement and support your colleagues when needed
- Above all else, a good sense of humour and a great work ethic - all with a big smile!
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Martin Taylor or a member of our People & Capability team on 07 306 0500, or apply now.