Senior Building Control Officer - Processing
Here at Whakatāne District Council, we're passionate about a lot of things. We're passionate about delivering well-needed services and providing what is needed to support our communities to be the best they can be. We want to make sure we support our vision of being the place of choice for people to live, work and play. We're committed to upholding the Treaty of Waitangi and establishing effective relationships to strengthen partnerships with whānau, hapū and iwi. Working with us means being part of a close-knit, customer-focused team in one of New Zealand's sunniest locations. We pride ourselves on employing talented professionals who like to have fun, embrace our values of trust, excellence, learning and teamwork and enjoy living in our superb environment. Come and join us, take a breath and find more life in life.
Due to unforeseen circumstances We have an opportunity for Senior Building Control Officers (Processing and Inspections ) to support our BCA to deliver on all required functions and processes in accordance to statutory requirements. As a senior BCO you will assist the team Manager with mentoring and guidance to other BCO colleagues, supporting the development of their competence and professional development.
If you are a "City " senior BCO processing and inspection looking for a less stressful work life balance then or a processor or inspector wanting to take than next leadership step then consider Whakatāne as a place to come to do this!
We'll provide the support and professional development, you'll provide the skills. To be successful in this role you will have:
- A National Diploma in Building Control Surveying or equivalent Reg 18 qualification, and current competency to ideally Res 3 and Com 2
- Excellent technical knowledge
- A positive attitude with great team skills
- A passion for leadership - you thrive on supporting and guiding others to help achieve their potential.
- Outstanding communication skills with a variety of stakeholders.
- An eye for detail to ensure you provide administrative support that is accurate, filed correctly and in accordance with Council and legislative requirements.
- Above all else, a good sense of humour and great work ethic. All with a big smile!
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Christine Watkinson, Manager Building and Environmental Services, or a member of our People & Capability team on 07 306 0500, or apply now.
This is a full time, permanent position based at our Civic Centre in Whakatāne.
Application close 1 February 2022