Senior Aquatic Assistant
We are looking for a Senior Aquatics Assistant who will lead an awesome team of lifeguards who love providing a great aquatic facility to our community. We have a focus on health and wellbeing (meaning you will have free access to the gym, pools and spas) and work towards keeping our community safe while having fun at the same time!
This is an opportunity for you to develop your leadership competency whilst gaining skills you'll hold with you for life.
Here at Whakatāne District Council, we are passionate about the Aquatics and Recreation services we offer to our community, we work hard to maintain a high-quality service with a focus on continuous improvement.
We'll provide all the training - you'll bring your enthusiasm, great attitude, awesome team work and motivation. To be successful in this role you will have:
- Strong swimming skills - Swimming is our business so you'll feel comfortable and confident in the water
- A positive attitude, dedication to being an exceptional team player, enthusiasm and motivation to get stuck into whatever the day brings!
- Outstanding communication skills - you will enjoy interacting with children and have the patience to teach core skills repetitively to small groups
- Great time management - this position is part-time working on a roster from Monday to Sunday, which means working on the weekends and Public Holidays.
- A passion for great customer service - we're focussed on delivering a top-quality service and facility to our community and you need to share that enthusiasm
- Professionalism at all times - you'll be able to exercise sound judgement and support your colleagues when needed.
- A dedication to continuous improvement, both in our environment and personally - we have a great development framework so you'll also be continuously developing your skills
- Above all else, a good sense of humour and great work ethic - all with a big smile!
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Andrew Smith, Manager Aquatics & Recreation Centre, or a member of our People & Capability team on 07 306 0500, or apply now.
If this sounds like you or someone you know, get in touch today.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt.